Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Privacy.

I have Twitter. And yes, my Twitter account is set on private so that only those I have accepted can see my tweets.
I don't get why people complain when a person's tweets are on private. Yes, it is the internet. But that doesn't mean that every little thing you post should be accessible for the whole world to see.
For me, clicking accept (just like on a request to be friends on Facebook) is a gateway to accepting them to your life. Or at least, your cyber-life anyway.
Now, I don't know about you, but I don't want any random person I don't know having access to my information, thoughts and feelings.
And as paranoid as it sounds, they could use it to hurt you.

That's why I keep a journal. The one place that has a daily and heart-deep entry that no one has ever seen.
And I plan to keep it that way.

So my advice to people who keep complaining about private tweets: give others some privacy. You don't have the right to put your nose in their business.

P.S. to those wanting to follow me on Twitter, search "KirstyCamille" or click here.
I will most probably accept you, because my tweets are only on private to keep one person from seeing them (:

No comments:

Post a Comment